Careers - Social Media and Digital Content Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Social Media and Digital Content Manager to join our team at Chani Nicholas Incorporated to help expand our social media presence and take our digital media strategy to the next level.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not submit an application for both the Social Media and Digital Content Manager and PR Manager positions. Only apply to the role that you are most interested in. Depending on your application, we will automatically consider you for both marketing positions.
CHANI is a queer, feminist-led team on a mission to support everyone in living their purpose. 5% of all company’s revenue is disbursed directly to queer, trans, Black, Indigenous, people of color, and / or disabled survivors of gender-based violence by FreeFrom.org. We also strongly believe in starting within, and we prioritize our team’s well-being, with a salary floor of $80,000 before benefits; fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) with a 5% match; unlimited menstrual leave; gender-based violence paid and protected leave; unlimited PTO with a vacation stipend; and personal-and-professional-growth and wealth-building stipends.
We are seeking a promising and experienced candidate with proven success in creating innovative and engaging content, honing a brand’s voice, and creatively driving user-centric digital experiences. The Social Media and Digital Content Manager will assist the company in storytelling, content creation, social media presence, and exceeding marketing goals.
In this role, you’ll be accountable for building brand awareness, engagement, and community across all social and digital channels. You will direct end-to-end content creation for all social channels, chaninicholas.com, email newsletters, and other editorial platforms. This role is critical to ensuring that our content is driving growth.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer and communicator who can both build and carry out a content strategy that attracts, engages, and activates our target audience. We’re looking for someone who is digitally savvy, is obsessed with what’s trending, and loves fostering and engaging in meaningful conversations. Someone who comprehends the importance of knowing your audience, what resonates with them, and how to distill elaborate ideas into fresh, creative, and compelling content. Someone who is a forward-thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Assist in developing social media strategies to advance the company's social media presence;
- Oversee all social media accounts, comments, and activity;
- Coordinate compelling digital and social media marketing campaigns, including copywriting, content creation, editing, design, and implementation;
- Handle and actualize social media platforms day to day (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and other emerging platforms) and develop and maintain of a social media content calendar;
- Write, edit, publish and share high-quality and engaging daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action and attract app subscribers;
- Aid in guaranteeing the consistent use of brand identity and messaging across the company by ensuring digital campaigns stay on message;
- Continuously refine digital marketing strategy by capturing and evaluating the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and optimum practices, and then acting on the information, with consultation and approval of the Director of Marketing;
- Identify real-time digital and cultural trends to inform social media strategy and community building;
- Monitor social media trends and translate learnings into actionable insights;
- Prepare regular progress reports measuring social media channel and creative campaign performance;
- Write and edit articles, press releases/advisories and op-eds, and engage in media outreach;
- Build relationships with community members and media outlets.
Who We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of professional experience operating in a social media, content creation, and/or community management capacity or study in marketing, digital media and/or communications;
- Strong writing and editing skills, with good storytelling instincts;
- Excellent communication and listening skills;
- Be able to maintain brand voice;
- A proactive, highly organized, self-motivated work ethic, with a willingness to learn;
- Enthusiasm, creativity, patience, good judgment and flexibility in their work;
- Possess a strong knowledge of a wide variety of social media platforms such as: Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Snapchat , Reddit , WhatsApp , Twitter, Quora and emerging platforms;
- Adherence to the highest standards of integrity;
- Confidence to take initiative and make decisions proactively;
- Strong people skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to work well with others;
- Insights on the latest trends and best practices;
- Experience crafting, packaging, and scheduling messages for all major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc), with digital analytics tools a plus;
- Experience in Mailchimp (or comparable email marketing platform);
- Fluency in G-Suite and assured in learning new programs;
- Someone who is able to work Monday through Friday during standard business hours Pacific time;
- Someone able to perform phone calls on the company’s behalf;
- Someone able to to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for a majority of a typical working day;
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident who is able to legally work in the U.S.
Preference For Candidates With
- Knowledgeable of all social platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, TikTok and Snapchat;
- Good graphic design and layout experience (Canva, Adobe Express, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
- Good video editing skills;
- A knowledge of traditional astrology.
What We Offer
- $85k salary (with opportunity for advancement within the first year);
- Fully covered health, dental, and vision insurance;
- 401k with a 5% match;
- Flexible work-from-home policy;
- 4 months paid parental leave;
- Unlimited, flexible paid vacation, subject to approval, plus a vacation stipend;
- Gender-based violence paid and protected leave;
- Unlimited menstrual leave for people with uteruses;
- An annual tech stipend;
- A personal and professional growth stipend;
- A stipend to help you build wealth.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references (including names, positions, relationships, and email addresses) in a single PDF, a portfolio of any relevant work, and any links to social media profiles that you oversee to Sabra Mohamed, Director of Marketing, at Sabra@chaninicholas.com with the subject line “Social Media and Digital Content Manager.” Please include your name and preferred pronouns on all documents. Please speak to how your experience and qualifications match what we are looking for in this role in your cover letter. We expect to receive a large number of applications for this position so your cover letter is your best opportunity to demonstrate why you are the right person for the job. Please also note: we will not contact your references without notifying you first.
Folks who are queer, trans, non-binary, Black, Indigenous, people of color, disabled, parents, are/have been system-impacted, are immigrants, and anyone who has experienced systemic oppression and/or gender-based violence are encouraged to apply.
- Remote within the United States.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning on June 6th, 2022.
- Anticipated start date: Immediately
- Exempt, full-time position (40 hours per week)
Position Reports To
- Director of Marketing